Sunday, September 12, 2010

Rainy early fall run

Today's Mileage: 9 miles

It's one of the first days of fall and it is drizzling and cool in the city. Was feeling a little blue today until my friend Rimma decided to join me on my run.  We had an awesome run down the East River, around the bottom of Manhattan and up the West Side highway. Coming around the south-west tip of Manhattan it was so quiet and completely calm...it's so rare to experience the city like that. Runs are always better for me with a friend - thanks for the company Reems!

Yes... 
...we stopped for a photo shoot under a willow tree.


View through the fog of the Hudson and NJ

After our run we went to Yuca Bar in the East Village which was so delicious. Their tuna ceviche is bangin - I should've taken a picture.  It's marinated in coconut and lemongrass and served in a coconut. Mom, you'd be proud of me...I took the coconut home so it didn't go to waste. It's going to be my snack tonight.

In other running news, I downloaded the new iPhone Nike Run app today which I'm stoked to use.  Rimma used it for our run and it color codes your route according to your pace. Way cool.  

I'm also experiencing something new as a runner which will probably be TMI for everyone, but I'm about to lose a toenail. Ick. Don't worry, I won't include pictures.   

1 comment: