Monday, September 6, 2010

Dashley

Hi all! Welcome to my inaugural blog post (and inaugural blog for that matter...yikes!). This is me:

Before the Brooklyn half marathon (before being the key word...I don't know that I was quite this peppy afterwards)

I'm currently training to run the ING New York City Marathon. For those of you who don't know - that's 26.2 miles. Yep, 26.2. Slightly nervous, but super excited. Most of my friends think I'm crazy.

I'm running the marathon to raise money for WITNESS, a human rights organization founded by Peter Gabriel that uses video to open the eyes of the world to human rights violations.  I actually also work at WITNESS - it's an amazing organization comprised of dedicated individuals who work really hard to create positive change worldwide.

More details to come later, but over the next few months, this blog is where you can follow both my running and my fundraising (or "fundracing" - haha) progress.

Catch you later ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment