Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I should be packing

So even though it's the title of this post, I just want to reiterate that I should be packing. I'm moving on Thursday.  And for the record, I haven't started packing. But instead I'm writing a blog post. I feel as though this should warrant a donation, right? I'm that dedicated to keeping everyone updated on my progress.

I ran 18 miles on Sunday. Yep, 18. Truth be told, I kinda wanted to puke afterwards. Not because it was that hard (I mean, it was hard but after a while it just gets normal to still be running). But what I've realized is that I am absolutely awful at fueling my body. I was so hungry when I finished that I was nauseous. I ate egg whites with cheese on a whole wheat rice cake before my run. During my run I had a mint chocolate Gu (YUM...mint chocolate 'cake batter' in my belly...). But by mile 14 my tummy was growling, I had no more Gu yet I had 4 miles to go. When I finished I was so hungry I actually felt sick. But then even after I ate I felt sick. Very strange. I obviously need some advice about how to eat before, during, and after long runs. Thoughts?

The run itself was pretty good overall but the last few miles were admittedly a little tough.  I can't really believe in a months time I'll be about to run a full marathon!  I'm going to need some serious support on the sidelines...(cough hint cough)



You see so much along the way during an 18 mile run. I kept reminding myself to remember everything but of course I forgot most of it. I ran through an Indian celebration (for people from India, not Native Americans), I saw some Statue of Liberty mimes, I ran through someones wedding (oops), I accidentally ran through an International Chinese Culinary Competition (so random), I found a cool free kayaking place, and much more. All in a day's run : )

Statue of Liberty people

I can't remember if this was the cool kayaking spot...

Indian festival by a pirate ship

A big HUGE thank you goes out to Bill and Frances for their amazing donation this week. Thanks to your support and the support of everyone else who has donated, I've raised $800 dollars for WITNESS.  THANK YOU!!


2 comments:

  1. look at you, fancy pants. Running 18 miles. I think that's insane and demented. but I love you anyway. I would help you pack if I could. Call Liza. She's really good at it.

    ReplyDelete