Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Atlanta distractions

So for those of you who know me (which I'm assuming is most of you), you may know that last week was one of the most hectic weeks EVER in my life. I mean, it's been a pretty hectic month, but last week sort of took the cake. But it's over, thank goodness...I moved, pretty much completed my internship, and found an apartment (today!). Granted, I am still trying to learn to be good at my new job, still trying to learn how to run really far without dying, and still trying to learn how to just be a happy well adjusted adult in general (cheesy but so true), but I consider last week a relative success.  


I escaped from the week by heading to Atlanta for my cousin's wedding (yes, another cousin got married in Atlanta...). The rehearsal dinner and the wedding were beautiful. It was wonderful to see all of my family for the second time in a month (for the record: that NEVER happens). It was so nice to just relax and not have any responsibilities for a few days.  


My brothers

Me and Granddad - handsome ole devil that he is...

Me and my daddy

Parents





However, relax I did....


My mileage this weekend reached a whopping five miles.  Are you impressed yet?  


It gets worse.  I actually set out on Sunday afternoon to do a 20 mile run.  I made it two miles in 85 degree heat with a k-i-l-l-e-r hangover (should I admit that on a blog?) before I admitted defeat and resigned myself to the fact that if I continued running, I would surely throw up.  Yep.  Marathon training don't of the week: attend your cousin's wedding and thoroughly enjoy yourself. 

But, I did have a great 3 mile run along the Chattahoochee river Monday morning before I left. I'll refrain from playing Alan Jackson again.  But for the record, I love that song.  And that music video.  





In really exciting and awesome updates - I've raised $895!  Huge thank you's are in order for Rhian and Matt, Nick and Sarah, and the Knaebel family who all donated this week!  I couldn't do this without you all!  


Help me reach $1,000 this week!  I'm almost one-third of the way there!  Donate here: www.crowdrise.com/ashleypatterson
  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look B-E-A-utiful in these shots! Glad you had fun!

    (ps I posted the same thing but deleted it bc I was in the wrong account. Now my wordpress account won't work when I try to comment so I shall post again with the other...haha exhausting process!)

    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete